“A smile is an inexpensive way to change your look “
Cosmetic dentistry includes any dental work that improves your beautiful smile. Basically, a smile make over or a smile designing, a minor step but it improves your self -esteem and confidence. It mainly focuses on improving the appearance of your teeth.
Due to changing trends and advanced techniques in dentistry getting a beautiful smile is within the reach.
We at Dental care professionals provide you a more innovative approach in designing your smile. Along with us, you can achieve a bright confident smile that lasts forever.
Do you have a gap between your teeth?
Diastema is a gap between two teeth but can occur between any two teeth. It appears in children and adults. In children, the gap typically closes when their permanent teeth come through.
Tooth gaps – why does it occurs?
- Mismatch between the size of jaw bones & the size of the teeth.
- An oversized labial frenum that grows between two front teeth blocking the natural closure of the space between these two teeth.
- Gum diseases can weaker your jaw bone ultimately leading to bone loss which can cause them to become loose and move.
- Habits like thumb sucking can pull the front teeth forward and create gaps.
- Improper swallowing reflex that makes your tongue to push forward against their front teeth which creates some pressure on the front teeth & creates a gap.
How to treat?
- TREATMENT MODALITIES AVAILABLE:
Depends on the severity of the case i.e., the amount of the gap and the cause for the gap
- DENTAL BONDING/ COSMETIC BONDING:
It is the most economical, easiest & quickest way to fix a gap between teeth. A tooth coloured resin is applied to your teeth & gaped to match their natural look. Then it is hardened in a UV light which bonds it & gap gets closed. No need to remove natural enamel. It is a single visit procedure. But this is not a permanent solution & requires maintenance, as it will wear off over time due to impacts from eating & brushing.it is usually reversible. How long the bonding lasts varies between patients, averaging 3 to 7 years.
A veneer is a thin piece of porcelain that has been shaped in a lab to match the shape & colour of your teeth. Like a mask, it is placed & bonded over the front of your tooth. They are used when spacing of several teeth is uneven. A substantial layer of enamel needs to be removed. The result lasts for many years. It covers up any imperfections or gaps in your tooth. Once bonded, it becomes sturdy & difficult to break. The process irreversible. Veneers looks great & long lasting. It can correct many cosmetic issues.
- ORTHODONTICS: It is indicated for more severe cases. Braces or invisible aligners would be required to correct your arch and position all your visible teeth. Invisible aligners – very often the easiest, almost pain-free and affordable option to close gap. It takes longer than dental bonding or veneer. But it is an effective and long-lasting solution.
Thanks to advances in dental technology, giving you your most naturally straight smile. We at Dental Care Professionals will be happy to talk with you. Evaluate your particular situation & help you choose the best treatment option for you.