We at Dental Care Professionals have experienced implantologists with comprehensive expertise in performing various implant procedures and delivering our patients with the best quality treatment.
The following steps are involved during implant placement:
A comprehensive examination is done to assess the condition of your jaw bone. The initial evaluation includes X-rays, taking impressions, and balancing your teeth colour to make your dental implant look as natural as possible. This helps us to determine how many teeth needs to be replaced with implants depending on your oral health status. We may ask you to take antibiotics before the surgery depending on your oral health condition.
Our implantologists will remove the tooth that needs to be replaced before performing the dental work. The extraction can also be
done at the same time as the implant insertion.
DENTAL IMPLANT INSERTION AND BONE GRAFTING:
There are two kinds of implants
• ENDOSTEAL: The implant is embedded into your jawbone
• PERIOSTEAL: The implant goes right under the gumline.
• If your jawbone is strong and thick enough, then no extra bone is added.
• To protect your implant your jaw bone needs to be more powerful and energetic since there is more pressure exerted during chewing.
• In case if your jaw needs an extra bone, it is usually taken from another area of jaw bone away from implant site.
• Healing of the bone should be allowed if you have a graft before adding the implant.
• After bone healing our implantologist will add the implant.
• Implant will begin to grow around the jawbone and after sometime it becomes a part of your gumline.
• This process differs from person to person.
• It can take around 3- 9 months.
FIXATION OF ABUTMENT:
A stiff abutment is usually placed at the top of your stable implant which connects your implant to the tooth ‘s crown. Before placing abutment local anaesthesia is injected in that area. In case of periosteal implants abutment is placed along with the implants.
PERMANENT CROWN PLACEMENT:
After healing of gums, our implantologists will bond or screw an artificial tooth or crown that precisely looks like your natural teeth.
Follow our post-implant care instructions after permanent crown placement.
POST-IMPLANT CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Take the prescribed medications
- Apply ice packs
- Salt water gargling
- Soft bland diet
- Do not rinse and spit for 24 hrs. after the surgery
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Do not use straw
- Do not smoke
DENTAL IMPLANT CARE:
It is similar to the care that you give for natural teeth.
- Antibacterial mouth rinses
- Regular dental check -ups
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS:
- PERMANENT SOLUTION FOR TEETH REPLACEMENT
- IMPROVES ESTHETICS
- RESTORES FUNCTION
- IMPROVES SELF- ESTEEM
- ENHANCES COMMUNICATION